BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I died this morning.

Far Cry two continues to surprise me. I had a quick game this morning to replace breakfast and was killed in a way I didn't expect. After a badly set up ambush I was out of ammo with only one guy to kill. This one guy however, was armed with an MG or sorts. He wasn't very bright though (or so I thought) because I was behind some good cover and he was emptying his clip at me. I figured I wold wait till he reloaded then I'd sprint out and get him with my knife. After a brief wait he stopped shooting and began to reload which I took as a sign to take him down. As I run towards him he is still fumbling with his weapon and I think to myself "Aha! he won't be able to reload in time!" but alas, he didn't need to reload. As I was about 6 feet from him he drops his gun and whips out a pistol as large as his head...
I have just enough time to realise I'm in trouble before I went down like a sack of heavily armed but out of ammo potatoes. It was either a clever bit of AI that made him gun me down with his desert eagle or perhaps it was a more scripted event that makes a sniper or gunner (he had an MG so he was a gunner) use their sidearm when their target gets too close. Regardless, I was very surprised. On the plus side my buddy came along and got me back on my feat and paid out some vengeance for me our pistol friend. Isn't it great when a game continues to sup rise you? Except of course the first time you come across an assault car with a grenade launcher on it. That is both a quick and explosive death sup rise...

0 comments: