BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Surprises

A few months ago I worked out this idea that if I strategically hide treats I will find them over a certain period of time. I blew a chunk of cash on chocolate and other delicious things with a generous use by date and then hid them around my room. I planned to hide them around the house but they might have been located and consumed by people that aren't me. Mostly my housemates and visitors. Therefore I had a house worth of goodies to hide in one room and ended up finding and consuming most of it within a fortnight. However I hid a few items much better than the rest and every now and them I find something and am delighted to have a snack.
This morning was one of those times. While looking for socks I found a packet of mint slices which consist of chocolaty biscuit, a layer of minty type stuff and all covered in milk chocolate. Breakfast was served! Well, not breakfast but lunch, so far.
So after what I though was a brilliant idea initially failed but then succeeded after I abandoned it. I just wish more of my schemes would have pulled through after being abandoned.

Now I'm off to make a plant press and pillage everything that happens to be native and in flower within about 1km (which I assume is the range of the average student on a sugar rush) Tallyho!
Oh, and the Germans in this book use the phrase 'Right-oh" quite a bit. Interesting as I say Righto just as much. Coincidence or common language? I blame Telstra.

That is all.

0 comments: